- WHAT IS SM ENERGY'S TICKER SYMBOL?
On November 20, 2002, SM Energy began trading on the New York Stock Exchange under "SM". Previously, the company, then named St. Mary Land Exploration Company, traded on NASDAQ as "MARY".
- WHEN IS YOUR NEXT QUARTERLY EARNINGS RELEASE AND CONFERENCE CALL SCHEDULED?
For a calendar of scheduled events regarding SM Energy, please click here.
- HOW DO I GET PAST FINANCIAL DATA ON SM ENERGY, SUCH AS 10-KS AND 10-QS?
All financial data is filed and archived with the Securities and Exchange Commission. To access this data online, click here. Additionally, interactive financials are available online. To access this data, click here.
- CAN I PURCHASE SHARES OF SM DIRECTLY FROM THE COMPANY?
No. SM Energy stock can only be purchased through brokerage firms.
- DOES SM ENERGY PAY DIVIDENDS?
Yes, SM Energy has paid cash dividends since 1940. In September 2022, the Company announced that its Board of Directors has approved an increase in the fixed dividend to $0.60 per share annually, to be paid in quarterly increments of $0.15 per share. The increase is part of a return of capital strategy that is intended to support long-term, sustainable capital investment and balance sheet strength with upside.
- I AM A SHAREHOLDER AND WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST THAT MY DIVIDENDS BE REINVESTED IN SM ENERGY STOCK, RATHER THAN SENT TO ME.
SM Energy does not have a dividend reinvestment program at this time.
- I NEED TO CHANGE THE NAME OR ADDRESS ON MY SM ENERGY STOCK ACCOUNT.
If your stock is held through a brokerage firm, the changes can be made with the person servicing your account.
If you are a "shareholder of record", meaning you hold the stock directly in your name, you need to contact SM Energy’s stock transfer agent:
Computershare Investor Services
350 Indiana Street,
Golden, CO 80401
Or, visit their website for useful information and change forms: www.computershare.com
- HOW CAN I RECEIVE SM ENERGY PRESS RELEASES?
All new press announcements are placed online as soon as they are released. Click here to access the most current and archived press releases.
To be placed on SM Energy or email list to receive press releases, go to "E-mail Alerts".